Jul 4, 2008

Tonight in San Diego

This afternoon: Slept in a bit this morning, got up and went out to get some lunch. I enjoyed walking around the city and went over to the maritime museum for a bit. I like San Diego, great city.

This evening: I enjoyed the show tonight. After, I walked back to the hotel with Jon and Ottmar. On the way we caught a nice fireworks display, good timing.

So I get back to my room and realize, I'm really hungry for some reason, well at least that's the message I was getting from my stomach. I didn't really want to go back out since I'd been out all day so I decided to stay in and order a pizza. I order this pizza and after a while I'm starting to wonder when it's going to get here. I'm waiting, I'm waiting, I'm waiting and then I wait some more. I start to surf the net for a while, check email etc...oh yeah, I ordered a pizza, is this thing coming tonight? So I call the pizza place. They said "sure! the pizza is on it's way". Hm, what does that mean? the pizza is driving it self over here? Is it lost? Anyway, so I'm waiting again and after a bit I start pacing my hotel room wondering if I should call and cancel the order. Finally I get a knock on the door. At this point, I'm not even hungry anymore. The guy drops the pizza box in my hands and runs off as if he is in a big hurry, probably lots of orders because it's a holiday, well, so I hope. Is it safe to open the pizza box? So I open the pizza box and grab a slice and right off the bat the crust isn't even crispy, it's spongy. I lift the slice up and all of the toppings slide right off into the box. I try another slice and the same thing happens. I look up to the pizza Gods and I whimper a small and quiet "why?" I was able to take a bite WITH the toppings and yes, it was the worst pizza in the history of man kind. Flavorless. Not really surprised, but I guess I had some kind of hope since I finally got my food. So after a few bites, I calmly put the pizza box down and called it a night....

2 comments:

v2or said...

Thats a bummer about the pizza, well if your up in San Fran or Berkeley area ask someone where is Zachary's Pizza and I think you will have a much better experience.

stephen duros said...

Thanks for the tip! I'll have to try that next time I'm in town.