Jul 12, 2008

Newport Beach - Friday, July 11th



(above photo - sound check)

Hot and humid today in Newport. The guitar strings aren't very happy when that happens. Sound check at 3pm - show at 8pm. In the second set of the show I grabbed my electric guitar and the neck was very moist from the weather. It felt like a slip 'n slide when trying to play. I remember that from playing here last year. Other then that, a good time was had by all. I enjoyed the show and was able to sign a Thira CD for a fan, I always enjoy doing that. Thanks to everyone who came out to see the show tonight.

Tonight: heading back up north to Petaluma.

2 comments:

Anonymous said...

I was at the show and enjoyed it very much. I've seen Ottmar as this same venue 3 times now! sorry to hear about the humidity, it was worse than ever, BUT, we sure couldn't tell, it all sounded fabulous!

stephen duros said...

Hi Molly,

Thanks for coming down to the show!

S.