Jul 25, 2008

July 24th - Houston

Woke up early, dark and raining out. The Bus was parked by a shopping center so there was something for us to do in the morning. Got my rain coat out (no, it's not one of those yellow ones). It was really warm out so I wore shorts and flip flops along with my rain coat. Not a problem walking through puddles on the way to the mall.

Touring can be a trip. You go to places that you wouldn't normally ever go to. We are here one day and gone the next. Today I was walking around a mall that I'll probably never set foot in again. The bus feels like a time machine of some sorts, I guess It's a travel machine really. You never know what you're going to see when you wake up. It could be a brick wall or the Bay Bridge. You loose track of time, days, even weeks. Days don't really matter. Tues? Sat? Who cares! The bus is taking me to where I need to go and if it stops somewhere along the way, you get off and explore a bit and get back on when it's leaving.

After the band gear was loaded in, the rain started to down poor, It didn't stop for quite a while, amazing amount of rain left over from the hurricane that was in the area.

Tonight we played at a yoga center. A different experience then the House of Blues last night which I enjoyed very much(great crowd by the way). A very intimate setting tonight. People sat on blankets and pillows on the floor while we played.

Tomorrow will be the last show of the tour.

THURSDAY IN HOUSTON - From Ottmar's diary.

1 comment:

Gez said...

I love that idea!
Getting on a tour bus and loosing myself for a couple of weeks.
I'll have to get a band together.
Maybe you should try the raincoat, shorts and flipflop look onstage, topped off with a shower cap.