May 19, 2009

Home

I had a wonderful time on the East Coast the past few weeks and spending a week in NYC was fantastic! With all that time I was able to become more familiar with the big city. Saturday and Sunday night at the Blue Note were a blast! The shows were a lot of fun and I enjoyed talking with fans after. Someone told me that they flew all the way from Buenos Aries to see a few of our shows at the Blue Note and absolutely love it. A few other people said they liked our show so much in Norfolk CT that they had to come see us in NYC to catch another one.

The interesting thing to me about playing 2 shows a night for 6 nights is: In the mornings and afternoons I'd go and do different things around the city. Next thing I knew, time flew by and I was walking down the stairs with the band on the way to the stage. Our tour manager was always at the bottom of the steps saying the same thing to us for every show as we walked by. At that point it really felt like I was in the movie "Ground Hog Day"! Especially about 7 or 8 shows in, it was pretty trippy.

TRAVEL DAY:

After the last show, I got back to the hotel, caught an hour of sleep and then had to get up to catch my ride to the airport. (BELOW) This is what it looked like when my wake up call came -



So off to the airport. After the super long lines getting through security, I got to the gate. Interesting connection too, non stop to Seattle then on to Oakland. It didn't really bother me though. I thought at least I could get 5 1/2 hours of sleep on the plane, nothing else to do today. I got to my seat. After some time past they were almost ready to close the doors. The travel Gods must have been shining down on my because I had a whole row to my self! At this point a calm and peaceful feeling came across me. A vision of me laying down across all 3 seats: happy, comfortable, warm and sound asleep. I then started to smile. "Sir, may I get you another pillow, blanket or how about a nice warm cup of hot coco" the flight attendant asks. I reply with, "you know, that would be just about perfect"............................... but I actually hear -

"Yup, 27 A & B and the seats in the row behind are yours, enjoy your flight!"

Wait a second, what?!! I quickly look up and see two families with 3 babies and extra bags starting to move into my row and the row behind! I scramble to quickly look at my ticket to see I could possibly be in the wrong seat or maybe I was accidentally put in the baby section. But I was in the right seat. The next thing I hear is this super high pitch scream that just about melted my ear drums off and then felt kicking on my seat from behind.... To top it all off the Captain then announces that it will be a while for take off, about 35 min or so as we're #18 in line.....

Anyway, when I got home my cat Herbie was very happy to see me. I was then greeted by Cosmo with a hiss and a swat and then she gave me the silent treatment for the rest of the evening. Although, she was meowing, purring and walking all over me at 4:30 am to wake me up, right on schedule. Back to her usual routine with out a beat skipped.

It's good to be home.

3 comments:

Luz said...

Love the drawing! Priceless! Love kids but not on planes AND certainly not in the same section that I'm sitting. There should be a cry room at the BACK of the plane for such activity! Ok, I'm being sarcastic! I'm sure Cosmo was giving her usual hiss and piss mood. With the Lensic show being only a few weeks away, pacify her while you can! See you in Santa Fe. I know I can't wait!

Baking is my Zen...sweet nibbles for the soul said...

Steve,
Sunday, 5/17/09, at the Blue Note in NYC was fantastic! You, Ottmar Liebert & the band play such beautiful music...and you're all so down to earth and friendly too! Love it! I enjoyed speaking with you and Ottmar backstage...thanks for the autographs. I have a picture of you & I & your guitar. This pic is a keeper for sure:) I've signed up to Ottmar-Friends so I can stay connected to your music. Love your swagger as you play guitar...very easy on the eyes!;)
Feel free to write me on my blog...
A fan forever,
Hugs, Kisses, Lots of Love,
Peace, Carmen

v2or said...

Steve,

Glad you are back safe and ok, Oh those bi costal flights with the kids in the back seat can be troubling as well as soon as you think your safe you get the big surprise. You pic is great. And it was great to see you play out on this coast. Looking forward to your new cd. "Timmy"

Victor