Nov 13, 2008

MIRANDA re-mastered



My first album "Miranda" has been re-mastered by Jon Gagan and is now available to download at the Listening Lounge. Jon has done a wonderful job and it sounds fantastic!

The re-mastered version includes the music from my first album, 2 previously unreleased tracks along with the original version of "Cirrus" recorded from that time. The songs are also in a new sequence. I feel the music flows very well in this new order. A new PDF file is available to download along with the album which includes the new album cover, a few pictures, album information and some links.

01 Miranda
02 West Coast Sun
03 November
04 Sleepwalk
05 Tonight
06 Embrace
07 Cirrus
08 Avalon
09 Candelaria
10 Goodbye-Will I See You Again
11 A Moment Alone
12 Kallistos

"Miranda" is available now at the LISTENING LOUNGE and will be available at other digital download retailers in the near future. There are no plans to manufacture CD's.

I hope you enjoy it!

11 comments:

Borya said...

That is great news!! Although I would love to have it as a CD but well....

Btw, in my iTunes, I had renamed the album to "Steve Stephen" by Stephen Duros. "Miranda" is faaaaar better now.

Luz said...

I know what I'll be listening to this weekend! Can't wait to hear the new cd!

mario said...

Beautiful remastering!Great listening for work and play....

Anna said...

I am listening to Miranda for the 2nd time on line.

I am love the 2 new tracks.

Will the download at any stage be AIFF or I can only get it in mp3 format?

stephen duros said...

Hi Anna,

I'm happy you like the tracks. Also if you feel up to it, check out the original version of "Cirrus" that's on there. If you like the other ones, you may like that one as well.

We have great files on the Listening Lounge. iTunes and amazon offer 250kbps mp3 files, we offer up to 320kbps and they sound great.

More info here
http://www.ottmarliebert.com/diary/?p=2961

Anna said...

Hi Stephen,

I love both of your CDs, I have your 1st CD in AIFF format, I've paid to copy them and have given them as a gift.

Same person has both of your CDs.

He loves them both.

Both of your CDs are on my iPod and 'Embrace' wakes me up during the week :-)

stephen duros said...

Thanks Anna!

I'm happy you enjoy the music. Thanks for checking in.

Borya said...

I know it is not but I could not resist posting:

http://www.fragonard.com/parfums_grasse/eaux-de-toilette/miranda-c-77.htm

That is a wonderful fragrance. I wonder what scent your music has!?

stephen duros said...

Hey Borya! Well, I guess the kind of scent would depend on weather you like the music or not! haha

Anonymous said...

Steve,

Can you place the Miranda re-mastered music unto a CD for me. I would be willing to pay for your time and effort. I am technology changelled and would not be able to do myself. If yes, you may contact me at martaduarte@cox.net

stephen duros said...

Hi Marta - Thanks for writing. "Miranda" will be available soon at Amazon.com. In the near future, they will offer to burn CD's and give the "Download" only albums priority for this feature. I'd like to help you but I don't deal with the album sales. It's very kind of you to offer to pay for my time but even if I could help, it wouldn't be necessary for that. I do hope that Amazon would be an option you may consider and I thank you for your understanding.

I'll post this subject on my blog as a heads up for anyone who needs an actual CD copy. I do understand situations like this and I appreciate you asking and bringing this topic up.