Jan 23, 2008

Tuesday - Travel Day


Sunset on the way to Ecuador
Originally uploaded by stromo.

Woke up at 4:50 AM. Met Jon at 5:40 and road up to Ottmar’s place together. When we arrived, Ottmar made me us a very tasty espresso. The driver was running a bit late so we ended up getting to the airport about 10 min. before boarding time. By the time I was passing through security, I heard the final boarding announcement for our flight. Got to the gate and saw Ottmar discussing where to put our guitars with the gate agent. After that was settled, I got on the plane and saw that I had a middle seat assignment! However, as I was on my way walking down the aisle to the dreadful middle seat, I saw a window seat open out of the corner of my eye! It was clearly a gift from the window seat Gods. Knowing that we were the last people to get on the plane, I raced over and sat in it. I was happy.

Arrived in Houston with a 4-hour layover. Stopped in a restaurant and met up with Alan our sound engineer, Jon and our tour manager for a bite to eat. Ordered the Chinese Chicken Salad and a Dos Equis. The salad was totally enormous, it took up half the table. Everyone had to move all their plates and drinks while they loaded this thing in with a fork lift.

Back on another flight for 5 hours. Great sunset on the way. Landed in Quito with a very quick stop, must be a short runway. It’s good to be here. Got to the hotel room and settled around midnight.

1 comment:

Luz said...

I wondered if you would be having a layover in Houston! Glad to hear that the Htown airport made for a pleasant layover.