Jan 27, 2008

Travel day home - Friday, Jan 25th

Got back to the hotel around 11:45 last night. Couldn’t fall asleep till 1:30 AM with a 4:30 AM wake up call to look forward to. I find it hard to fall asleep right after a show. I usually need to wind down a bit.

Got down to the lobby by 5 AM to leave for the airport. Flight left at 7:20. Happy to get a window seat.



As soon as I got settled, the person in front of me put their seat back with full force. Wait a second; we’re still sitting at the gate??? Then her arms came back over the top of the seat and are resting right in front of me, inches from my face. So much for personal space I guess. I took a picture here.



Beautiful scenery after we took off. I could see numerous volcanoes and took some video clips and pictures.



Then I heard the announcement that they will soon be showing a movie. Ah yes, it’s that time of the flight already. I’ll put money down that they’ll make another announcement asking everyone who is sitting by a window to lower their…..., say no more, here’s the announcement now. No surprise and dig this, everyone around me is putting their shades down! Great, now it’s getting really dark in here and I’m that guy letting all the light in. I’m clearly a target for all those people that want the window shades shut. Help, I’m out numbered! This whole situation really seems out of control to me, I need to write my local congressmen or something.

I know I’ve discussed this subject a bit in a previous post a while back but lets get into this a bit more shall we? I guess this is what you’re supposed to do on the airplane now days. Hell, this is serious standard airline procedure! Let’s refer to the safety card in the seat pocket in front of me shall we?

MOVIE TIME

1 – Please note: there are windows on the airplane



2 - If you’re looking out the window, you ARE disturbing ALL passengers



3 – Immediately pull down window shades



4 - Enjoy a super cheesy movie that EVERYONE will love!



Usually everyone watches the movie regardless if they like it or not. I’d much rather listen to music, write a bit with my iBook and occasionally look out the window like I’m doing now. Keeps me creative and entertained all at the same time, it’s a win-win situation. It’s not like you can’t see the TV screens with the light coming in? I’m sitting here right now and I can see the screen just fine and my window is WIDE OPEN! Don’t get me wrong, I like a good movie, in fact, I’ll probably watch a movie on my iBook in a few minutes. But for now, I’m content with what I’m doing.

(a few moments later)

Well, I should say, I was content. Someone just asked me just to lower the window shade ☹ ☹ ☹ !!!!................

Anyone for tennis?

5 comments:

Josè said...

Great post. I completely agree!

Luz said...

Love the drawings! Yes, she is definitely too close for comfort! Personally, I hate flying but glad to hear you're back safe.

yumiko said...

ohhh...not a happy camper.

Those photos...I mean, drawings are so powerful in presenting how you felt. I could tell that movie being shown was garbage.

escralan said...

Excellent drawings! Now I'm going to check out your music!

Eric Adams said...

Great site. I have a 10 hour flight next week. This post does not get me excited.

The Adams Family