Jan 26, 2008

Quito - Show Day - Jan 24th


Quito - Show Day - Jan 24th
Originally uploaded by stromo.

It was great to get out and play again; I love playing with the band. I wish I could bottle up the experience so you could give your self a spritz and see what it’s like. Everyone seemed to really enjoy the show and the crowd was great. Before dinner at the venue, Ottmar and I had a good conversation with a glass of wine. We talked about photography and music and he shared some of the photos he took the night before in Quito. We also took a look at a few of the Luna Negra set lists from over the years. It was really cool to see the set from 1997. I saw them play in ‘97 at the House Of Blues in LA. It was the 9 piece Luna Negra XL band. Before they started that tour, I remember reading OL’s diary about the XL band and thought, I have to see this. It was a great show and seeing the set list brought back good memories.

No comments: