Dec 15, 2007

Hand over the guitar strings!


Hand over the guitar strings!
Originally uploaded by stromo.

Well, it has been a while since I've restrung a guitar. Actually, I wasn't planning on restringing however, the strings were getting really old so I thought I should probably put some new ones on. I thought, I'll turn the tv on and see whats on the news while I change strings. I looked around, no cats in sight. And usually, they take their cat nap around this time so I felt safe.

Next thing I knew, both cats (that's a new one) jumped up in front of me looking at the strings AND at me as if I were dinner! They both meant business this time as if they had a cat meeting before hand, so much for their nap. I didn't really know what they were going to do, although I was guarding the strings with my life. So, as one distracted me, the other ran off with some strings...

With minor cuts to my hands I was able to get the strings back and finish up.

Later in the day I had plans to play with a very talented violinist. We had a great time playing together and made plans for playing more in the future and possibly recording together.

No comments: