Dec 18, 2007

Christmas Shopping Today

Maybe I should say "Holiday shopping" instead? I get confused which terms to use these days. Anyway, it was crazy out as always during this time of year and I spent half the day dodging traffic. I wasn't sure if driving defensively or offensively would be better, I did a bit of both actually. After I stopped at a few places I went over to Target to pick up a few last minute gifts. I found most of the things I wanted then decided to browse around the store for a bit.

So, for those of you who know me, you probably know that I might not be the most graceful person on the planet. This is probably why I took up music and not ballet, Ok, moving right along here. When walking through the store, I accidentally knocked over a pile of twisters. You know, the game twister? Anyway, I stopped and started picking the games up and stacking them back on top of each other. At that point, some lady came over to me and asked if I worked there. I was speechless at first, I guess I was kinda caught off guard. I said, "no I don't, sorry." Then I started to kick my self thinking, man, I could have said something like,

"yes Ma'am, the item you need is on aisle 4!" ha

but it was too late. She then looked as if she didn't believe me and said sorry and started to walk away. She must have had second thoughts because she walked back, looked at me and said, "you know, I only asked because you just really look like you work here". She was looking at me and studied my expressions to see if I would smirk or something and say "ok, you got me, I work here" but I just felt puzzled. She then looked at me for another few seconds with a frustrated look on her face as if I was lying through my teeth and then said, "ok, sorry, I just thought you worked here because you look like you do" and officially walked away. I then looked down to see if I was wearing a red shirt with a name tag and tan pants like all the other employees wore. But much to my surprise I wasn't.

I then checked out, got in my vehicle and drove home. There are many other stories I could tell about that adventure but I'll leave you with this for now.

SD

4 comments:

Adam Solomon said...

Or you could have just told her "Yes ma'am, the item you need is in Aisle 4, and while you're at it, check out the music in Aisle 17 and buy Stephen Duros's new album, Thira, it's really cool!"

Anna said...

I agree with Adam on the idea of promoting your CD :-D

MT Callahan said...

I get that all the time, no matter what store I'm in. Now I just answer the questions if I can.

Anonymous said...

At least you didn't hear "Stephen, clean up in the Twister section" over the PA system. Oh wait, you were already doing that. :)

I get the same treatment as Matt. I try to help them when I can and show them the store directory so they can find stuff next time.