Nov 18, 2007

Home

Always good to get home. Long travel day yesterday to get home from Bogota, Colombia. Great show on Fri. night. Toto played wonderfully despite some power issues I had with the lights but things seemed to work out. The audience was amazing, had to be sold out. Lots of fans came up to Kevin (the sound engineer) and me after the show and shook our hands, gave hugs and took pictures. Some nice compliments on my light show too. Asked us how we liked Colombia and said to please come back. Moments like that make traveling very special. After the show I didn't get back to the hotel till 1:30AM. My wake up call was at 5 AM to catch the ride to the airport at 5:30. Not much sleep to be had as the flight left Bogota at 8am for Miami. Flew over Jamaica and Cuba on the way. Looked like some beautiful beaches on some small islands off of the coast of Cuba. Had to connect to Dallas to Abq then drive up to Santa Fe. Good to finally pull in the drive way.

Over all the trip was wonderful, a very busy travel schedule but always great to see new countries, meet new people and spend time with my friends in the band. The only thing that wasn't so great happened at the beginning of the tour. When I first arrived in my hotel room in Montevideo, Uruguay, I opened up my suit case and noticed that Cosmo Kitty left some going away presents for me. So I had to get a bunch of my clothes washed right away. Before I left on the trip, she wasn't too happy when I pulled out the suit case. She looked at the suit case and then looked up at me. She then jumped in it like usual and swatted at me as I tried to put clothes in there. This is the first time anything like this has happened so I'll have to make extra sure I pack in a cat free room next time. I've had a talk with her about what happened since I've been back.

Took pictures from the trip, Ill probably up load them in the next week or so on flickr.

S-

4 comments:

mario said...

That Cosmo Kitty! Cool to have you back home. Can't wait to see your pics.

Adam Solomon said...

Oh Cosmo!! What a rascal. Always love a good kitty story.

Borya said...

Welcome home! I hear what you say about travelling. Same here. Will be home for Christmas.

Anna said...

Welcome back !!!
Looking forward to seeing your pics and hearing all about your trip.