Nov 13, 2007

Greetings from Sao Paulo

Hola! I´d also like to welcome the new readers to this blog and say thanks for all the new comments! I just found out that this was blog of the week a while back and it´s great to hear. More posts to come soon. It´s been a bit difficult to write with all the traveling lately.

Had some of the best coffee on the planet today. Been having a great time in South America on the Toto tour. Got to meet Mario Parmisano in Buenos Aires, Argentina who is an amazing pianist and a really great guy. Also when I was at a club in Santiago, Chile, Luke introduced me to Steve Vai and his band. First time meeting Steve and he is really nice, the band guys were great as well. Steve asked me to say hi to Ottmar. We all had a great hang and a local band played a 45 min. set of nothing but Toto songs, it was a trip. The place was packed and we were being bombarded with tons of photos, crazy night.

We´ve been crossing pathes with Bjork through out the whole tour. In Buenos Aires, I walked across the street to check out her light rig and it looked really cool. Lots of lazer lights with mirrors all over the truss. Wish I could have seen the show. In Santiago, I didn´t realize I was standing next to her in the lobby till someone told me. We´ll cross pathes again in Lima. Speaking of Lima, flying to Peru later today so I must get going so I can get all packed up. 5 hour flight.

And yes, I must listen to Ottmar´s song ´´Sao Paulo´´ while I´m here. (also one of my favorite songs to play in the live set.)

Till next time -

11 comments:

mario said...

Great!Close to where I was born, Thanks for the update! Congratulations on all the well-deserved honors! Stay safe

Borya said...

It does sound like a ride!! Standing next to Björk in the lobby and being so cool to not recognizing her. Da man!

aya yamada said...

holy cow that sounds like an adventure!!!! well sarahs outta here! peace!

Anonymous said...

you sound great and it seems like a fabulous adventure for you.

continue to enjoy... what great memories and stories you will have

Caravan Trading Group said...

Congrats on the blogosphere accolades! Here's wishing you some fantastic adventures while abroad.

Tracy Berta-daughter to the King, wife, mother, speaker, writer said...

Stopped by your blog for the first time- how exciting! I read you are from Glen Elyn, IL. I am from a small town in Illinois and family lives in Wheaton. What an adventure you are having!
Blessings!

jonnyspace said...

Interesting article!

Ankur said...

Oh, great to come across a coffee fiend, well I'm one, and sounds great when someone uses phrases like "best coffees in the word". It doesn't matter what the rest of the observation about. It really doesn't, as in all likelihood I've missed it. Cool.

darkman said...

Dont expect J to know where Sao paulo is.

Anna said...

Steve, congrats!!!

Happy to hear that you are having fun traveling to South America. Hope you are not working to hard!

Isaac said...

Hi! Nice blog, posts that contain genuine feelings and recount your daily life. To view the latest buzz in Singapore, you may go http://singadiary.blogspot.com/