Feb 8, 2009

Yesterday / Picking up the new flamenco guitar



Saturday morning I drove down to central California to pick up my new DeVoe Flamenco guitar. About a 4 hour drive each way. It was a beautiful day for driving. A few good rain showers on the way and the view of the ocean when passing by Pismo beach was spectacular.

It was great to see Lester again, he's such a cool guy, super friendly. He has a great sense of humor, I spent an hour or so hanging out and we had some really good laughs. I wanted to hang out longer but I had a long drive home. I'm really thrilled about the guitar, it's beautiful. Lester is truly a master of his craft. The guitar is a Flamenco Blanca. The soundboard is European spruce, the sides are Spanish Cypress, the neck is Spanish Cedar, the bridge and front of the headstock is Madagascar rosewood. The soundboard is constructed a bit different so it vibrates more and it also allows the strings to bend a bit more with ease. (Good for me because I bend strings a lot, even more so on the new music I'm working on then before).

I'm very thankful for this opportunity and am really looking forward to playing it on tour with Ottmar. The timing couldn't be more perfect, this will allow me the time I need to get to know the guitar really well before I hit the road late March. It's so important to know your instrument before you start performing with it.

Special thanks to Lester for his amazing work and to Ottmar for introducing me to him and turning me on to his guitars.




http://www.devoeguitars.com

6 comments:

MT Callahan said...

Congratulations! Looking forward to hearing it in action.

Luz said...

What a beauty! Can't wait to hear you play it on the tour.

Anna said...

Congratulations! Cannot wait to hear you play it.

v2or said...

Looks gorgeous cant want to hear you play it out in NY and PA, Congrats on the DeVoe

stephen duros said...

Thanks for the nice comments everyone! I'll try to post more pictures later in the week if you like.

P.S. v2or, Hope you get better soon, the flu is no fun. Make sure you drink lots of water!

v2or said...

Steve, you forgot to tell me to eat Pizzia too. Felling better and thanks