Feb 13, 2009

Today / Recording

Today I've been working on one of my tunes and needed an audio clip of some rain. About a half hour later I looked out the window and some dark clouds moving in, I couldn't believe it because it's been sunny all morning. It was like a rain shower showed up just for me! So I quickly got some tracks in record mode and some mics ready to go. I opened the window and by that time, it had already started raining. Just in time, got some great audio of it and think it will work perfectly.

Later I put Cosmo's pet bed where I work so she could be close. I noticed she was trying to lay down by my keyboard so I put her bed there and she seemed happy.

4 comments:

v2or said...

Nice, It amazing how are pets just want to be close to us and what we do. I am really looking forward to your new music on your new DeVoe. How do like it so far?

Anna said...

Steve, cannot wait to hear this track.

While Cosmo the Kitty is monitoring your every move, what's Herbie doing?

Hope you had great Valentines Day :-)

stephen duros said...

Hi v2or,

I'm enjoying the new DeVoe very much, spending a lot of time getting to know it, it has it's own personality that I need to get to know. My Vazquez blanca, which I still have (didn't end up selling it), I've played that for the past 12 years. As you can imagine, I know it very well, so I want to spend a lot of time on the DeVoe to get as comfortable and quite quickly I'm finding out that I feel a lot more comfortable on it when playing finger style. I'm spending time finding the different tones with my fingers and then the key is to be consistent with the tones and dynamics. It has a beautiful tone on the recordings. I'm happy I got a blanca because it's what I'm used to and I feel it suits my music the best.

stephen duros said...

Hi Anna,

Thanks, I hope you had a good Valentines Day as well. Herbie was most likely taking a cat-nap in the sunlight. He likes to stay behind the scenes opposed to Cosmo. He's a great easy going cat, super cuddly.