Jun 11, 2009

Today

Coffee with Andrew Reissiger at 9:30am to catch up a bit after the tour and discuss future music plans. After, we walked over to my place so I could share some of the new music with him that I've been working on. (As I mentioned before, he's playing a few different instruments on some of the tunes.) Andrew is already familiar with my pet "Cosmo Kitty" but when I have guests I usually go through all the warnings and disclaimers that we have a ferocious feline, just so guests keep their distance. Ah!, speak of the devil - she just hopped up on my lap for some petting, hold on a sec....

Okay, I'm back, that was out of control. I stopped petting the cat so I could get back to typing here and she was not happy about that decision. Trying to reach for the computer mouse was a mistake.... Any cat trainers out there?? Anyway where was I.... ah yes! So we got back to my place and I opened the door and peaked my head in. I looked left and right, no sign of Cosmo. The coast was clear and we walked in. As usual Herbie was right there ready to greet us as the cool cat that he is.

Andrew sat down and right away Cosmo (America's Favorite Kitty) came walking out and over to the cat scratcher. She started clawing and tearing into that thing sharpening her claws while looking at him as if he was a fresh cut of prime rib. She then calmly walked over in his direction. At this point I'm thinking maybe we should relocate into the music room, probably best right? But by then it was too late and Cosmo had reached Andrew. I said don't move, I'll try to scurry her away. But then Cosmo started meowing, purring and rubbing up against his legs??? I paused for a second with confusion. She then laid on her side rolling over etc, he looked at me and said, "she seems fine to me". She totally put on a whole production show acting like the best kitty cat on the planet. I then rolled my eyes, go figure....

So we walked into the music room and started listening to some of my new tunes. Right away Andrew had some great ideas. It was nice to get working on my tunes again, I'm looking forward to hearing how they turn out. When I was in NYC, I spent a lot of time listening to what I've recorded so far. It's amazing to me how much time is spent listening when making an album (At least for me). Hours and hours really. I remember riding the subway and walking around the city getting lots of cool ideas and I'm really looking forward to getting busy. I'm going to try and cram in a bunch of recording time in before I hit the road with OL in July. I'll keep the up-dates coming -

3 comments:

Borya said...

Nice. Maybe an own SD tour one day. ALthough I fear that it likely will happen in California then .... :)

Baking is my Zen...sweet nibbles for the soul said...

Enjoy reading your posts...had me smiling for sure. Your kitty kat is such a diva, you think? Hey, it's her perogative. ;)
Carmen

Anna said...

Boris, I've been hoping for SD tour for a long time.