Jun 24, 2009

EL Charango

In 2005 I became associate producer on the film El Charango—a 22-minute Spanish-language documentary about music and mining in the Bolivian city of Potosí. While I possessed no formal training in film production, I was guided by the simple burning passion for the charango and the culture from which it comes. I worked with director Jim Virga and editor Tula Goenka (Do the Right Thing, Malcolm X, Salaam Bombay!) to construct a narrative about how a little musical instrument relates to the largest silver mine in the world. ....... Check out more of it HERE

Great documentary by Andrew Reissiger. I really enjoyed watching it, definitely worth picking up. I always love learning about different instruments, the history behind music and instruments is fascinating to me. For those of you who don't know, he's playing the Charango on some of my new tunes and it sounds beautiful yet haunting at the same time. A wonderful instrument. Oh, I see that I already mentioned that a few posts below there... Well, now you know again!

No comments: