Jun 23, 2009

Recording - Last Week

It seems like it just wouldn't be normal for me unless I had a 3 ring circus going on when trying to record. Things tend to get out of control over here with these cats taking over my recording room while I'm trying to work but I still seem to get work done. It's been great to get back to the new music. Life has been a bit crazy to say the least as we moved right when I got back from the tour. Moving is never any fun and it's stressful on the pets too. We're enjoying our new place though and we're happy to have it over with. It's not too far from where we were actually, just across town as they say. Of course I can't say where, that's classified but I can tell you that we live west of the Mississippi!

I've been having a lot of fun with these songs, it's been really interesting to hear how they're turning out. More in the works this week. Didn't get much done today, had to deal with some really stupid stuff. So I may work a bit tonight to make up for what I didn't get done today. Last week I pulled some crazy hours recording. I think one of the days, I was up around 7 or 8AM working on and off through out the day and finished up around 1:30AM. Went to sleep and got up at 5:30 AM. I just couldn't sleep because I kept hearing ideas so I started the coffee maker and fired up the computer to start recording for the day. Although I'm thinking about switching to more of a night schedule this coming week, nothing too extreme though. Not like the old days where my usual bed time was around 5:30 - 6AM. The night is always a lot more quiet and peaceful. No phones ringing or daily stuff to deal with, not to mention unpacking. Oh, and no cats jumping around either. At night Cosmo will fall asleep on my lap while I'm at the computer and Herbie will be sleeping on the bed. Sounds like a win-win situation to me.


(Below) Some random photos from my week of recording -






And more photos HERE - A while back I put together a flickr album for photos I'm taking while recording this album

1 comment:

Gez said...

You certainly have to pick your times to record. I found this out during the last couple of months.
Hot weather is the worst for me (the UK has been warm for the last 2 weeks), trapped in my room, all windows shut tight, no aircon!
Thanks for the update - nice photos too.