Jun 30, 2009

002 console repaired



Spent some time this morning repairing my 002 console. Fortunately this was an easy fix and Digi Design sent me the parts to make the quick repair. Well, sorta quick. I was taking my time so I didn't accidentally mess anything up and make things worse. The thing I thought was most interesting was that I had to soak the entire console in water to calibrate it. That took about 34 minutes and... Just kidding of course!! Gotcha there. I know I know, enough with the cheap jokes and on with the story... Okay, anyway I was able to get things going smoothly and then Cosmo (America's favorite kitty) showed up.



She starts wanting to get involved, looking around, starting to touch things with her paw but this is serious business and a "No cat's allowed" situation. So I let her know that she had to leave and she didn't take it well at all...



She started swatting my hands when I tried to reach in to repair this thing, growling and hissing so she got a one way ticket out of the recording room. No angry pets allowed in my repair shop when I'm in "Pro-Tech" mode!! I almost went as far as to put on the full "Pro-Tech" uniform while I made this 10 min repair (I'd actually do something like that). Moving right along, after about 5 to 10 min of hearing meowing at the door, I let her back in. By this time the console was repaired and in test run mode.



So I opened up the door and a very cheerful Cosmo came trotting in and hopped up on my lap and started purring. Interesting animal (as I mentioned before, I've got a 3 ring circus going on over here). Happy the console is back up an running. Well I really should say, so far so good....

2 comments:

dave said...

Just looking at the pictures I thought Cosmo was giving you instructions.

marijose said...

I also thought Little Miss Fix It was giving you instructions. You know, something like "what this console needs is some cat hair."