Jun 28, 2008

Friday - Phoenix, AZ

Morning: Wake up at 6:45 to get ready to perform a few pieces with Ottmar at the Phoenix channel 3 station. When we walked in, I noticed right away that everyone definitely had their fare share of coffee, we were still very mellow from just waking up and not having any coffee yet.

Ottmar wrote this post on his diary:

Stevo and I arrive at the Phoenix studio of Channel 3 at 0730. Told him how interesting it is not to drink any coffee when going to an early morning TV show. Most people were buzzing with energy, while we just sat there. He agreed that it was interesting. Like being in a different time zone, where the air is thicker and movement slower compared to everyone around.

There was some extra time before we were scheduled to perform so we watched the weather lady present her report a few times. We had some laughs between reports as we discussed different hand and pointing techniques she could use for the temperatures. We agreed that when it's a lower digit number, you could use two fingers to point and when it's a big 3 digit number to use 3 fingers. I didn't need coffee, the humor was enough for me. It was nice to feel mellow for performing on TV.

Afternoon: Off to the Celebrity Theater for tonights show.

Phoenix - Celebrity Theater
(photo) this afternoons setup -

Evening: The stage was spinning slowly while we were playing and that was a new experience for me. At times I found my self staring up at light beams shining through the haze while we were going around. During the intermission, I was down stairs having birthday cake with Jon and I still felt like I was spinning.

I had a great time and enjoyed having the audience all around us. Great crowd tonight. On to Vegas.

p.s. Happy birthday Jon

1 comment:

Anna said...

I cannot believe that you are back on the road again.

Looking forward to photos and hearing about this tour. I wish I was there :-)