Feb 13, 2008

Tuesday - Feb 13th

Got up late and had coffee. Stopped by Ottmar's place to pick up my electric guitar. He asked me to play on a few songs with him this coming Sunday for a benefit at the Loretto Chapel in Santa Fe. Sounds great and I'm looking forward to playing. We then stopped by the studio and I got to hear some rough mixes of his new pieces. Sounds fantastic! Really cool vibe and tasty percussion. I'm looking forward to hearing the whole album. After that I had to make a run to Fed Ex to send my passport to LA for work visas. (the Fed Ex parking lot totally sucks) Then back home to work on my Molcajete. (below)

Molcajete

That's my project for the day, seasoning the Molcajete. Wow, that's a project and a half. It has to sit in hot water for 4 hours first, then you have to grind white rice down to a powder which turns grey due to the lava rock coming off. You then have to repeat the process till all the rice powder is white. After that, the same process with rock salt then.... well, it was a lot to do. Happy that part is over. Now it's sitting for 24 hours with garlic, cumin, salt and pepper ground up in there. After that, I just have to rinse it out and it should be ready to use. I'm looking forward to making salsa and guacamole in this. Hopefully I did everything correctly, it would be a drag to bite into some guacamole with small lava rocks in it.

I'll keep you posted

SD

4 comments:

Anonymous said...

Are you available for parties and will you wear a sombrero if I hire you... well, I mean hire in the larger sense as I will offer you some beers.... :)

stephen duros said...

Great question! I've been getting lots of email lately about what comes with the Stevo package when I perform.

Yes! I will play for cervazas. As my bumper sticker says, "will play for beer", that's how I roll. The only thing about the sombrero is, if it's requested that I wear one, I have to rent one from "Sombreros Plus" and there usually is a cleaning fee attached to my return as I get pretty messy when I start to get into the show.

So to recap, play for beer, yes. Sombrero, I'll have to charge the rental and cleaning fees.

Luz said...

What I'd give to attend the benefit show--sombrero or no! ;-)

Adam Solomon said...

I don't know, the lava rocks might add some texture to it!!