Feb 21, 2008

Tonight - EL MESON

Great gig at El Meson tonight. Had a great time playing and special thanks to Nacha for having me back to perform with her again.

Great crowd tonight. I started out the second set with the reprise version of Aegea off of my Thira album and blended it into a new piece I've been working on that has more of a Samba type feel. Right away a couple got up in front of the stage and started dancing to the music, it was great. It set the tone for the second set as we started playing some of Nacha's music and some Afro Cuban classics. Lots of good applause and more dancing. I really enjoyed my self.

Thanks to Warren and all the staff for their warm hospitality. Great place to hang, not to mention the food is fantastic.

4 comments:

Borya said...

Sounds fantastic! It must be wonderful when you realize the reception of your own tunes!

Anna said...

Steven, when are you coming to my lil city? :-)

stephen duros said...

Borya,

Yes, it's nice.

Anna,

I think the 5th. You might want to check your local listings to see.

Anna said...

I hope you get a chance to eat at Bilsons, when you will be in Sydney.

http://www.bilsons.com.au/

I still wish you were playing in Sydney :-)