Aug 26, 2007

All set for show tonight at the Westhampton Beach Performing Arts Center


IMG_0026.JPG
Originally uploaded by stromo.

At the Westhampton Beach Performing Arts Center back stage. Just got in from making a phone call. The only place I could find signal was in this empty lot next to the theater. As I was on the phone, these girls across the street were playing "autumn leaves" through a small PA and it was really good! They couldn't have been much older then 15 or 16. Walking bass line and full jazz chords and octaves for the lead melody. I heard a few chords in there that I don't know haha. Looks like I'll have to practice a bit more!

Looking forward to tonights performance -

4 comments:

Adam Solomon said...

Isn't Westhampton Beach a nice theater? Great acoustic. The tour with the string quartet was pretty special there. You probably passed by my part of the Island on the way to and fro Westhampton, by the way, you could have stopped by to see some Long Island charm! We offer miles and miles of beautiful suburb...only the finest nail salons at a very reasonable one nail salon per block...:D

Anonymous said...

sounds like this leg of the tour has been great even
with bad weather and unplugged guitars

leaving in a couple hours for Boston - I haven't left Maine since I moved here over 3 years ago. Looking
forward to the music tonight and will be happy to
get home tomorrow. Guess I'm not a city girl anymore.

Anonymous said...

fantastic shows in Boston last night -
i don't quite have the words yet but wanted to say thanks again

The music was amazing and it was fun to see you
all finding yourselves enjoying it too. Hope the rest of the tour goes well but i bet you all will be happy to finally make it home.

(i am pretty shy but am glad i had the guts to walk up and introduce myself and say thank you however it's hard not to feel like a bit of a dork you know - i'm just another face in the crowd., but you were very kind)

stephen duros said...

It was very nice to meet you Laurie, thanks again for coming to the show! I'm glad you came up and introduced your self.