Mar 13, 2011

Animals



Yes.... that's just about what it looked like today when a squirrel ran up to me and attacked me. Only something like that could happen to me. I was walking through the park today listening to the new mixes. Everything was peaceful, the birds chirping.... Well, maybe they were I don't know I was listening to the mixes. Anyway, out of no where this crazy squirrel ran at full speed and dove into my leg and I immediately went from peaceful listening to music mode into survival mode! I did some kind of a football juke move and then a hurdle. As this thing viciously came back for more, it leaped up and tried to attach it self to my leg. I yell "Get Back! Get Back!" I then realize it doesn't speak English so I ran! Meanwhile, people in the background are walking their dogs etc... I don't want to even know what I looked like trying to fend off this animal. So I went home.

Later, (and this is no joke people, you can't make this stuff up) I decided to try the park again to listen to the mixes and right in the middle of listening this huge dog came running towards me and started circling me and then running towards me, and back and towards me again. I couldn't believe it... Finally the owner came over and took the dog. It was probably trying to be friendly but I wasn't feelin it, especially after the squirrel incident.

So I get home. Cosmo Kitty is sitting up on the ledge when I walk in. I look at her, she looks at me and I sigh... I walk past her to get a drink of water and she hisses and swipes at my arm and hits me! That's companionship for ya.. So much for getting any sympathy. I mean, I have no idea what I did to deserve this?? I'm the total typical animal lover.

Clearly not my day for animals, good thing I didn't go to the zoo!

1 comment:

dave said...

No, it sounds like the zoo would not have been a good idea.