Sep 4, 2010

Music thoughts

Working on a new song, well it's not that new as I've been kicking around the idea for a few years when I noodle on the guitar. You would think with that amount of time I'd have the entire arrangement done and then some but what happens as I start to record? I mess around with some keyboard sounds and hear something really cool and start writing something totally different to the song. Totally took on another form within a few min. As of now the piece is 8.5 min but am not sure If it will stay that length. Gonna try a few different arrangement ideas.

Seems to be a pattern, I've always gotten song ideas when playing around on the keyboard. However I'm writing most if not all the songs on the guitar for this album opposed to the past two albums where I wrote a lot of the songs on the keyboard. I feel it's giving everything a more guitar focused sound. Whatever that means... But you get the point right?








- Posted using BlogPress from my iPhone

2 comments:

Borya said...

Nice to have you back a little more active, SD! Looking very much forward to the upcoming album!!

stephen duros said...

Thanks borya!

Recording is taking the priority but I'd like to do a weekly update and some photos.

SD