Apr 4, 2009

Saturday - Wiens Family Cellars




All set up for the show tonight. Looks like I have been chosen to be the opening act this evening. I will be playing solo for 30 min or so while everyone has dinner. Should make for a nice evening.

AFTER THE SHOW:

Wow was it cold out there tonight. When I got up to do my solo part, my fingers were ice. Did the best I could considering. The show was freezing but the crowed seemed to enjoy it thoroughly. It's funny how the day ended up because I just looked in the mirror and I'm completely sun burnt from this afternoon. Didn't even know it. A few days back I was laying out by the pool side in the Palm Desert with a 15 sunblock on and I was fine. I do a quick sound check and I'm charred! I guess that's how it goes.

I had a great time on this run. Now hopefully the travel day home will go smoothly tomorrow morning.

3 comments:

LindaW said...

how wonderful!!

I would love to see you perform solo... hope you get to do it again for Santa Fe!

Gez said...

Sounds like you enjoyed the tour.
We've enjoyed the updates.
My wife and I laughed when we read about the airport incident.
We shouldn't laugh at your expense but you have a way with words that keeps us amused.
I hope you're working out ready for the summer tour!
Take Care.

stephen duros said...

By all means, please have a good laugh! I get what you mean. I don't take things too seriously, life can be short, it's funny looking back at what happened, at least I made it on the flight so it was a happy ending.