May 15, 2008

Todays thoughts...

1 - I've been practicing up a storm this week. Also working more on song writing. Its interesting how a tempo change or moving the song a half step can make all the difference in the world. I've learned a lot about tempos, recording and writing while being around Ottmar. I've felt like one of those sponges that soaks up... actually, I don't really know what a sponge feels like, but if I did! That's what I would feel like -Soaking up all kinds of good guitar knowledge. Anyway, moving right along to thought # 2

2 - I gave a guitar lesson earlier this week. I think I did pretty good and fortunately I didn't freak the student out too much, I tried to be as normal as possible (which sometimes can a bit a bit difficult for me, especially after having my morning coffee). Anyway, I taught some rumba rhythms and he picked them up really quickly, he already seemed to have a grasp on the rhythms to begin with. I think I enjoy teaching and maybe I'll try to do more. However, if you want to know how to read or where the notes on the guitar neck are, I'm not your man. I play everything by ear - always have, always will.

3- When I get the extra time down the road, I would like to post a short rumba guitar lesson with a small video clip on here. I'll have to try it and see how it turns out first. Knowing how things go over here, the cat will jump up into my lap as I'm trying to show the technique. And knowing me I'd probably leave that in the footage because it would be pretty funny.

4- Yumiko, I haven't forgotten to post the upcoming "Midnight snack" for the Guacamole. I'll get to it as soon as I can!

SD

No comments: