Sep 21, 2007

Almost a typical morning at my place


Got up around 7:30 am. Beautiful day out, windy and chilly actually, maybe fall is here? Yesterday it had been raining all day so everything feels very clear and crisp this morning.

I got the guitar out and set up ready for practice time.



And of course, most importantly, getting the coffee started immediately!



Then sat down and checked my email while sipping coffee. Turned on CNN to see what's going on in the world today. Then after a few min, realized, why am I watching this and turned the TV off. Same drama, different day. With all that's going on in the world, they seem to find it more important to go on and on about what Lindsay Lohan and Paris Hilton are doing. I then decided against ordering the CNN coffee mug.

Time to practice, so I walk over to my guitar and Cosmo is sitting on my chair. Probably wanting her usual morning petting and maybe she has a feeling I'm about to start practicing instead. Thought I would try things a bit different today. I really want to get practicing because there is a lot I want to improve on, then I thought I'd pet her afterwards.



Before I started to practice I thought I would take a close up picture of her by the guitar for memory's sake and she smiles for the camera?? I don't know any normal cat that would do that, I really think Cosmo is from another planet, either that or putting on a show because she wanted her petting. I know, cute kitty right? purr purr..smiles for the camera.. BUT! I won't let this distract me from getting my quality practice time in, I know her too well, nice try Cosmo!



Getting her to hop off of the chair was no simple task, but I finally got my seat back and started practicing with the metronome and timer. I like to practice in 5 min increments. That way my muscles don't get too tired doing the same thing over and over. Also, that way I can keep things consistent day after day. I highly recommend trying it.

so after a few min. I look down and she's there giving me this look, and now I start to feel guilty.



Then she threw a fit and started tugging and biting my clothes! so I said, Ok, OK... And put the guitar aside.



As soon as I did that, she jumped in my lap and got her morning petting.



So, from now on - 1st, morning petting, then, practice guitar.

Of course lets not forget about Herbie (he's the quiet one behind the scenes) he needed his morning petting too.



So maybe routine is not such a bad thing? Yes, a valuable lesson learned.

Now, on to practicing!

3 comments:

Adam Solomon said...

hahaha! That cat really does need its own blog. Sometimes you gotta teach it to accept "no" for an answer, though - can't let it control you! ;) hehe. Hey, did I tell you, I might get a kitty for the dorm? Ahhh...kitties...

Unknown said...

"I then decided against ordering the CNN coffee mug." - LOL

Anna said...

Adam, Cosmo already has her own blog. She shares this one with Steve. LOL