Sep 1, 2007

Last show of the summer tour


Birchmere Theater - Alexandria, VA
Originally uploaded by stromo.

Backstage right now and they just brought us a fresh batch of cookies from the kitchen. I'm having a large chocolate chip cookie and they totally ROCK!! Still warm too, I must to go back for a second one.

Slightly injured my hand this morning and had ice on it all day. It was a bit painful at sound check but I think it will be ok for the show tonight.

I can't believe it's the last show of the summer. I have no idea where the time went. All of the shows back in June are just a blur now. I'm happy I took a lot of pictures.

I think I'll give the guitar a few days off when I get home, it deserves a break. It will be good to be home for a while and not travel for a bit. I think I've only been home for a week since I left in early June.

Fall plans for me? Well, I think I'll start recording all the ideas I've written this summer. Also want to get into writing some Electronica music and see where that goes. In the mid fall I'll be traveling all around South America with the band Toto to do some lighting. I'll be able to add more pins in the map with that tour.

Special thanks to all the great fans that came out to see us this summer! See you again soon

12 comments:

Anna said...

Steven, I hope your hand was ok during the last performance, and now feels as good as new.

Looking forward to your new CD, and reading all about your trip to South America with Toto.

stephen duros said...

Thanks Anna, my hand is much better now.

It will be a long time before a new CD comes along as Thira isn't even a year old yet. but at least for now I can get the ideas recorded.

Adam Solomon said...

You know, John Frusciante (of the Red Hot Chili Peppers) released 7 CDs in 2004, 6 of which were recorded in the span of 6 months.

Anna said...

Hi Stephen, I am happy to hear that your hand is much better.

Yesterday I've downloaded
"Sleep walk with Simon Phillips", another favourite

When you were in Sydney last year, you played one track from Thira,it was beautiful, sadly it was not available to purchase on the night.

Luz said...

Sorry to hear the tour has ended for the year. I was so hoping that Ottmar & Luna Negra would make it to Texas before year's end. I did enjoy reading about the tour from another set of eyes and ears.

BTW, I make some mean chocolate clusters and would love to bring a batch for you and the rest of the band to enjoy...
whenever you get to Houston.

Anna said...

Steve, I've downloaded the whole CD yesterday. I cannot stop listening to it.

Thank you!! :-)

Adam, do not rush a genius :-)

stephen duros said...

We're always down for cookies!

stephen duros said...

Yeah Adam! don't rush me hahaha.


Anna, happy you like the tunes. I haven't listened to that one in a long time.

Anna said...

Stephen, I haven't been able to find Album Artwork for this CD.

stephen duros said...

Hi Anna,

There is no art work available to download for that album, sorry.

Anna said...

Hi Stephen,

That's ok, I will have to make one up :-)

Gudrun said...

Stephen, you should release "Steve Stephen" as an album again. What a pity that it's only for downloading!