Sep 1, 2007

Last night at The Ridgefield Playhouse


Steve's set up for tonight
Originally uploaded by stromo.

About 15 min. before walking on stage I accidentally hit my thumb into something and the acrylic nail cracked off. Not good. So I quickly had to repair it before we started. It just finished drying right as I went on stage.

During the first half of the set I looked over and saw that Ottmar was having trouble with his in-ear monitors. I wouldn't have known if I didn't look over because the guitar playing was great.

Speaking of great..... great crowd and a big standing ovation, thanks everyone!! Besides it being way too bright on stage (not so great) I thought the performance went really well and enjoyed playing to such a great audience.

5 comments:

Adam Solomon said...

So what do you do, nail-wise?

stephen duros said...

First, I panicked!!! Then, I had to re apply the acrylic really quickly. My nail underneath was ok. It just took a while to dry.

Adam Solomon said...

In general, though, what do you use--does the acryllic actually extend the nail or something?

stephen duros said...

doesn't extend the nail, my nail underneath didn't break, just the acryllic topping did. So all I did was re apply a coat.

Adam Solomon said...

ahh, awesome. i use some generic sally hanson product, kinda weird because it works well enough but makes my nail shiny! well, my teacher told me to get it anyway :P what do you use, where do you get it? i'm up for trying new things. new nail acryllic, new 6/8 strum ;)