Aug 31, 2009

music update

Wow, chilly out tonight! Okay, it's 60 degrees out, am i allowed to say that?? I do live in California, I've been getting used to these 80 and 90 degree days so 60 with a light breeze feels freezing to me. Okay, moving right along here... Thought I'd check in and give you an update since it's been eons!! Been plugging away at the new music and recording more electric guitar this week. I took a picture but it didn't turn out so great so try to imagine a photo with an electric guitar in it.

I tend to not work on only one song at a time. I like to jump around from song to song. I'll work on one song for a few days and move on to another. I then listen to what I've worked on when walking or driving to go run some errands or whatever (I get ideas that way). So there are a bunch of tunes that I have in the works and 3 of them are about 98.333% finished (as of this afternoon!). I just need to add some bass, other then that they're ready for mixing. Going to work on the next set of 3 tunes and get them up to speed and so on. So that's what's going on over here. Now I don't feel so cold but now I'm hungry... uh oh, I just saw that Cosmo is chewing on something, I better go and deal with this..

3 comments:

Gez said...

You would need a thermal vest if you were in the UK!
It's interesting that you work on a few songs at a time.
I'll have to try this approach. I tried your way of working with
'scratch' tracks and I really like it! I approach each take as a 'scratch' take and I find that I'm much more relaxed (I got too nervous when the red light came on).
I've got some great takes this way.
Sounds like the album is going well - can't wait to hear the fruits of your labour.
Thanks for the update

dave said...

Adding the bass yourself?

stephen duros said...

@Gez

Oh good, happy the scratch tracks are working out for you.

@Dave

Yeah, adding bass myself.