Sep 29, 2008

Thursday - September 25th

Had a gig playing at the Byington winery on Thursday. Beautiful location and the wine is great (I'm actually having some as I type this. Well, I mean in-between typing... you know what I mean). Anyway, they have a wine & picnic evening on Thursdays throughout the summer and it was nice of them to invite me down to play while people drink wine, eat and enjoy their evening. I really enjoyed playing and setting the mood for the occasion. It's great because I get to play, improv, maybe experiment a bit and not to mention, have a glass of wine and enjoy the evening.

On the way there I pulled over and had a sandwich while enjoying the view. I like to leave a bit early so I can have a bite to eat. There's something to be said about not having to rush, it just makes all the difference in the world when you can take your time, enjoy the view and not get super road rage in the car because you're late. Ofcourse, I'm a very calm person so I don't have to worry about any of that.


Arrived early at the winery with more then enough time to set up. (picture) Flowers and vines as you pull in the driveway.


It's good I had more then enough time to set up because it takes at least 4 hours to set this sound system up! Well, all kidding aside, the little Roland amp is set up in minutes. I think it sounds great for my needs. I'm a "plug-in and play" kinda guy, not really into arriving with 4 trucks worth of effects and gear. Plug me in, give me some reverb and let my playing do the rest.


A nice evening over all and I had nice conversation with some of the folks afterwords.

No comments: