Oct 16, 2007

New Vazquez Rubio Negra


IMG_28.JPG
Originally uploaded by stromo.

Here it is! Very thrilled to have this beautiful flamenco guitar. My trip to LA last weekend was very successful. Had a great time picking out a new guitar. Lots of choices but this one spoke to me.

I've been friends with the guys at the shop for a long time now and they set up a time for me to stop by after the store closed Friday evening since I arrived in the mid afternoon. When I walked in, Armand had all the new flamenco guitars out on stands. I wish I could go back and walk in again, it was an amazing feeling seeing everything out and knowing they were for me to try. I definitely felt like a kid in a candy store.

There were some beautiful choices. Pegs, no pegs, Blancas, Negras. etc.. I tried a new archtop Blanca, (never heard of that before) amazing tone, very crisp and bright.

I've been very happy with my G.V.R. blanca, I've been playing it for the last 11 years. It has done a great job on the album Thira and previous recordings. So this time, I knew I wanted something a bit different, maybe darker sounding then my blanca for the next album and for playing live. so I went right for the Negras and picked this one out. I really liked the feel of the neck and the tone. I fell in love with it right away as It seemed to have a great vibe, played great and looked beautiful. I was sold.

And of course it wasn't over yet, we then had chips + salsa and invited some great friends down with their Vazquez Rubio flamenco guitars along with Jason Shapiro who played the percussion on my first CD. We had a great time playing and It was by far the best way pick out a new instrument. I guess if you want to be a part of the hang, you'll have to get one of these guitars first!

Thanks again to everyone at the guitar shop, especially German.

www.guitarsbygvr.com

10 comments:

Luz said...

She's a beauty!

Adam Solomon said...

Man, that sounds awesome. Was the choice not too tough, then? haha I can only imagine the kind of indecision I'd be going through...

Gudrun said...

Well, I'd like to wish you a belated happy birthday, dear Stephen. I know I'm very late :(
@))->->- (Turn off the monitor and you can see your birthday flower haha)

Congratulations to your new "baby" and it seems you will be very happy with this flamenco guitar.

Luz, you're right - she's a beauty!

The color looks like cedar wood??? What will you do with your older guitar? You could send it to me...

mario said...

Wonderful choice.....she's beautiful!

mario said...

Wonderful choice.....she's beautiful!

Anonymous said...

congratulations! that's a great story too...

Babe said...

Ohhhhhhhh!!!!!! It's BEAUTIFUL!!!

HelterSkelter94 said...

wow!..beautiful guitar!!!...

family site said...

gorgeous!

OldStuff said...

oh my god...that just looks amazing....very graceful guitar...I say that even though I play electric..but yea...wish i could play that one right there..