Sep 17, 2011

Saturday

Off to Japan this morning to meet up with the band Toto to do stage lighting for them. It will be great to hang with Steve Lukather and the boys again. Had a great time out with them in Europe this summer. It's now been 12 years that I have worked with them. Also, after this summer's tour, I've now been to 40 countries.

Sitting at the airport having a salad and people watching. I didn't want anything too heavy before the long flight plus connection so a salad sounds perfect. Picked up a Mac World and Rolling Stone and a few snacks at the news stand. I saw the book The Kite Runner in the best seller section. I've seen the movie but I'd be interested to read the book.

Lots going on lately. After getting back from Europe we moved across town and are still getting settled. In the mean time I've been been getting the artwork ideas together for the new album, received a copy of the mastered version of the album and it sounds fantastic! Can't wait to share it with everyone. Working on a new website for when the album comes out and also have been recording a Afro Cuban type song for Nacha Mendez. It's sounding great. Reminds me of some of the guitar playing I did on my Miranda album. It's been fun to get back playing with congas and up beat rumba patterns etc.. So all of that on top of being a full time daddy for the past 23 months, I've got a full plate. I'm thrilled the new album is coming together so nicely. I have no info on when it will be out at this time but check back for more details. In the mean time I'll write from Japan and/or post some photos if I have time.

S.

No comments: